Google Maps 2.0 launched with iPad support
Google, the tech giant, has stepped up its game involving Google maps. As promised at the release of Google Maps 7.0 APK for Android, Google has a new update, for its maps , with a lot of new features including enhanced navigation with live traffic feed and incident reports and has been launched as an app on the app store for both iOS and iPad devices
In Google’s official words, at their site, they describe it as below:
● New design for iPad
● Enhanced navigation including live traffic updates and incident reports
● Explore: A new way to browse and discover popular local places to eat, drink, shop, play and sleep
● Simple 5-star ratings and reviews from friends, plus expert Zagat content
● Great deals from your favorite brands with Google Offers
● Indoor maps with walking directions for malls, transit stations, airports and more.
The problem with a lot of iOS apps is that when they are launched for the iPad they quite seem to be an upscale version of the iPhone app but in this case Google has settled a new trend by redesigning the maps for iPad users.
The Google has promised to integrate its enhanced navigation with live traffic feed and incident reports but it will be too early to say that the Google has rolled it out with the update.
Finally, the all new Explore tab has debuted on the iOS and it works in the same manner as it does on its android counterparts. Well it does let you explore popular local places. I am sure a lot of guys will be familiar it.
The new update also features indoor maps and it means that you can visit a mall without the fear of being lost.
Another new feature for iOS users is the offline maps. Just fit the map to the screen which you want to cache, tap the search button and type in ‘Ok Maps’ on top in the search bar and Google Maps will cache that map area on the device for your offline use.
You can download the app here