Free iPhone & iPad Streaming Software – Air Playit
More often than not, converting videos to iPhone/iPad compatible formats requires a great deal of time, and additional accessory such as iTunes is needed for sync before finally making the videos watchable on iPhone iPad. Therefore, direct streaming of video/audio to iDevices is eagerly urged and welcomed by Apple fans for instant and convenient movie/music enjoyment.
Air Playit, acting as a personal audio/video cloud server, allows users to play any video in any format existing on their computers (PC & Mac) on their iOS devices by means of streaming. The most competitive advantage of this free audio/video streaming software is the needlessness of format conversion and iTunes’ sync.
Shortly after the release of Air Playit iPhone edition applicable for iPhone and iPod touch on July.15, 2011, the developer recently published the iPad edition to response to the users’ call. By now, iPhone and iPad editions are available with expectation to their younger “brother” Android edition. In support of both local and remote network connections, their functions are in a way similar:
OS Operable: Windows, Mac
Traits: Available for Free, 0 iTunes requirement and few sec buffering and waiting.
Video Formats Acceptable: WMV, ASF, AVI, MOV, RM, FLV, MP4, MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, and all imaginable formats.
To get Air Playit working, you need to install a streaming server on your PC or Mac, and install the app client on your iPhone or iPad.
Main functions of the Streaming Server
- Set up the video library you want to stream.
- Specify permissions to access the videos you share.
- Manage offline conversion tasks.
Main functions of the App Client
1. The client will interact with the streaming server and play the streaming video on your iPhone or iPad in real time. As shown in the following image, click “Play” and you can watch the MKV video immediately. The video takes up no storage on your device at all.
2. Adjust audio/video quality and resolution for each video accordingly.
3. Wirelessly download compatible videos to iPhone iPad for playback when there is no network available. The Download tab becomes clickable when the original video is in iPhone iPad friendly format.
- Support Apple TV-out. Stream music/video to TV via iPhone or iPad.
- Support streaming 320 different videos/audios.
- Support multi-audio tracks video and let you choose any language in the video file.
- Automatically list the recent played videos and remember the last play point for each video.
- Support remotely power off your computer after you finish watching.
Currently, Air Playit supports streaming videos audios to iPhone and iPad. The Android version will be coming later.
Download Air Playit [download the server first and then the app from the iTunes].