How To: Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta Using Sn0wbreeze 2.8 [Windows]
A newer version of sn0wbreeze has just been rolled out to jailbreak iOS 5 devices. Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 allows you to jailbreak iPhone, iPod and iPad on Windows. This jailbreak is tethered for all iOS devices, so you will have to boot into jailbroken mode every time you switch ON your device.
Here is what you need to know before starting the jailbreak process:
* Supports iOS 5.0 BETA 1 (9A5220p) * Supports the following Devices: - iPhone 3GS - iPhone 4 [GSM] - iPhone 4 [CDMA] - iPod Touch 3G - iPod Touch 4 - iPad 1GYou need to have the following things with you:
- iTunes 10.5 Beta [Download from Here]
- Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 [Download from Here]
- iOS 5 for iPhone, iPod & iPad, Download from Here (Apple Developer Account Required)
2. Open sn0wbreeze that you have downloaded from the above link. Browse and select the desired firmware, it is a .ipsw file for your iOS device.
3. Once you have selected your desired .ipsw file, sn0wbreeze will identify it.
4. Once the .ipsw has been verified, click the blue arrow and select ‘Expert Mode‘. Expert mode allows you to add multi-touch gesture to your iPhone, and other customization like root partition and installer option. In case you want to only jailbreak your iPhone without other customization, you can click on ‘Simple Mode‘.
5. Click ‘Build IPSW’. This will start creating custom firmware for iOS 5.
6. Custom firmware will be installed on your device. Just sit back and relax. You will see the below screen when the process has been completed.
7. Connect your iPhone when prompted and follow the instructions of your screen to enter the device in DFU mode.
8. Open iTunes and select the custom IPSW that you created earlier by holding the ‘Shift‘ key and clicking on ‘Restore‘. Wait while iTunes installs the custom firmware on your iOS device. Once the installation is done, your device is jailbroken running iOS 5.
As we mentioned earlier that this jailbreak is tethered, so in order boot it into tethered mode you will have to use ‘iBooty v2.2‘. You don’t need to download this separately, it will be there on your desktop once you have created a custom firmware. Run iBooty and select the device from the combo box at the bottom right and click ‘Start’.
Follow the on screen instruction to enter the device in DFU mode. Once your device is in DFU mode, iBooty will do the rest.
Now your device will be booted in a tethered jailbroken mode. If you face any problem while performing this process just write us in the comment section below, we will love to answer your queries.