How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 4 iPad, iPod Touch Running on iOS 5 with Redsn0w 0.9.8b1
iPhone-Dev Team has just released a new version of Redsn0w (Redsn0w 0.9.8b1) to jailbreak iOS 5. This version is only available for Mac so far. Please note that, this is a tethered jailbreak, and for people who rely on carrier unlock, stay away from Redsn0w.
The following devices are supported according to iPhone Dev Team:
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad 1
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPhone4 (CDMA)
First you need to have the following things with you:
- iTunes 10.5 Beta [Download from Here]
- Redsn0w for Windows [Download from Here]
- iOS 5 for iPhone, iPod & iPad, Download from Here (Apple Developer Account Required)
Now follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Connect and Restore/Update your iPhone to iOS 5.
2. Once iTunes has completed the restoring/updating process, open Redsn0w.
3. Click the ‘Browse‘ button and select the iOS 5 you downloaded.
4. You will see the screen below when the firmware has been verified.
5. Now check ‘Install Cydia‘ and click Next.
6. Switch off your device and plug it into the computer, Click Next.
7. Now Redsn0w will guide you through series of process to get into DFU mode. All you have to do is to follow the on-screen instructions as shown below.
8. Once you have followed the on-screen instructions, your device will reboot. Redsn0w will start uploading the new RAM Disk and Kernel. Just wait till you see the below screen.
Now your iOS 5 device has been successfully jailbroken (tethered). If you face any problem while performing the jailbreak process just write us in the comment section below, we will help you out.