How To: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 Untethered Sn0wbreeze 2.5 [Windows]
Sn0wbreeze 2.5 is now available to jailbreak iOS devices running on iOS 4.3.1 by creating a custom firmware. This jailbreak is untethered for all iOS devices. Sn0wbreeze 2.5 does not updates the baseband so that you can unlock it with ultrasn0w later.
A week before we posted a guide to ‘ Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.4 [Windows]‘, but that jailbreak was tethered. Below are the easy steps to jailbreak your iOS 4.3.1 (untethered) devices using sn0wbreeze:
First you need to have the following things with you:
- iTunes 10.2.1
- Sn0wbreeze 2.5 for Windows [Download from Here]
- iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone 3GS, 4 , iPod Touch 3G, 4G or an iPad 1, 2 [Wifi, GSM, CDMA]
1. Open Sn0wbreeze which you have downloaded, click the blue arrow on the bottom right as shown in the below image.
2. Browse and select the desired firmware, it is a .ipsw file for your iOS device.
3. Once you have selected your desired .ipsw file, sn0wbreeze will identify it.
4. When the .ipsw has been verified, click the blue arrow and select ‘Expert Mode‘. Expert mode allows you to add multi-touch gesture to your iPhone, and other customization like root partition and installer option. In case you want to only jailbreak your iPhone/iPod without other customizations, you can click on ‘Simple Mode‘.
5. Click ‘Build IPSW’. This will start creating custom firmware for iOS 4.3.1.
6. You will see the below screen when the custom firmware has been created.
7. Connect your iPhone when prompted and follow the instructions of your screen to enter the device in DFU mode.
8. On following the right steps Sn0wbreeze will get the following message.
9. Open iTunes and select the custom IPSW that you created earlier by holding the ‘Shift‘ key and clicking on ‘Restore‘. Wait while iTunes installs the custom firmware on your iOS device. Once the installation is done, your device is jailbroken running iOS 4.3.1.
Now your iOS 4.3.1 device has been successfully jailbroken. If you face any problem while performing the jailbreak process just write us in the comment section below, we will help you out.