Skype 3.0 Rolled out, brings Video calling to iPhone, iPod and iPad
Skype has officially released Skype 3.0 for iOS app which brings video calling feature to iPhone, iPod and iPad. The good thing is that, you can also make calls to desktop users such as Mac and Windows over a WiFi and 3G Network. For iOS devices with no camera can only receive video.
According to iTunes following are the improvements made in Skype 3.0:
• Make Skype to Skype video calls on WiFi and 3G*
• Call Skype desktop users (Mac OS X or Windows) and other iPhone users.
• Two-way video calls supported on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th gen.
• Receive only video supported on iPad and iPod touch 3rd gen, with no camera.
• Make video calls in portrait and landscape.
• Skype video calling requires iOS 4.0 or above.
*Additional Data charges may apply
If you already have Skype app on your iOS device, you can update to Skype 3.0 via App Store.
Download Skype 3.0 from iTunes.