How To: Unlock Nexus S Bootloader
Since Google Nexus S is available at Best Buy, so developers might have got their hands on the new Nexus S. They will be working on the new Nexus S to access root and unlocking the bootloader. Surprisingly they have already managed to unlock the bootloader. By unlocking bootloader you can have access to install custom recovery and ROMs. The method is same as that of the Nexus One. Before unlocking make sure that you have already installed Android 2.3 SDK and fastboot[download link at the end of the post]. We would recommend you to backup all your data because unlocking bootloader performs a factory reset of your phone.
Below are the steps on how to unlock bootloader:
- Power off your Nexus S
- Hold the Volume up + Power keys together
- After that your phone will be in the standard recovery mode
- Open command prompt (for Windows) and Terminal (for Mac), type ‘fastboot devices‘ to check that the phone is connected via USB.
- If its connected type – ‘fastboot oem unlock‘
- Accept it and the new bootloader in unlocked
Download Android 2.3 SDK and fastboot from here.
[via Android Central]