Google Voice App for iPhone is Now Available at iTunes
Apple has finally approved Google Voice App for iPhone known as GV Connect. GV Connect is a native iPhone & iPod Touch App that allows you to access your Google Voice accounts much faster. Previously GV Mobile was removed from the App Store because of its similar features like SMS, Dialer, etc. which also comes with iPhone. Apple still has not approved GV Mobile, but another app with name GV Connect is available at the app store for $2.99.
According to iTunes following are the features of GV Connect:
• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number – enter number directly, select a contact from your device’s contacts, or call back any number in your history.
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number.
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) – voicemails will also show the transcription of the message when available.
• Mark messages as starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations.
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note.
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access.
• Composing notes and text messages can be done in landscape mode.
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb, message notifications, …) directly from within the application.
• Automatic checking for new messages while the application is active.
• Direct access to your device’s contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
• All communication is done with the Google Voice website directly, no need to hand over your account information to a third-party.
• Full support for fast app switching in iOS4 and high-resolution graphics for retina displays.
Download the App from iTunes Store.
If you are using this app, do let us know that how is it working for you.